Jessie Leov* is a singer, pianist, songwriter, composer and arranger hailing from Nelson, New Zealand.
Jessie grew up singing in musicals, training in voice and piano and performing live solo and in bands and has been working as a freelance musician since age 17. Her services include composing for multimedia, songwriting and producing, studio session work as a pianist and singer, making backing tracks, performing live as a solo singer/pianist, music transcription, score editing, orchestration and a cappella/barbershop learning tracks and arrangements.
Jessie is strongly involved in the a cappella singing community and makes a cappella and barbershop vocal learning tracks for choruses, quartets and groups throughout New Zealand as well as acting as an arranger and quartet coach. She is a member of the award-winning ZEAL Quartet, current 3rd place medalists in NZ, 2nd place in Pan-Pacific Youth Quartet Contest and 3rd in the International Rising Star Youth Quartet Contest.
Notable achievements include:
- ABRSM Grade 8 classical piano (2012)
- Finalist in several NZ songwriting competitions (2012)
- Performed a solo set of original songs at Parliament in Wellington (2012)
- Performed at the NZ Silver Scroll Awards at Vector Arena in a vocal quartet (2013)
- Nominated for the APRA Best Arranger Award at the UoA Songwriter of the Year Awards for her a cappella original song See You Again (2014)
- Original song ‘Vows’ voted into the Top 10 on The Audience.co.nz April charts (2014)
- Orchestral piece ‘Ortus’ selected to be performed by the St Matthews Chamber Orchestra (2015)
- Represented NZ in 2015 at the Sweet Adelines International Competition in Vegas, USA as a member of the Greater Auckland Chorus (2015)
- Her barbershop quartet ZEAL gained 3rd place in the national competition, 2nd in the Pan-Pacific Youth Quartet Contest and 3rd place in the International Rising Star Quartet Contest (2016)
- Competed with Christchurch City Chorus at the Sweet Adelines International competition in Vegas, USA where they gained 5th place and received the Most Entertaining Chorus award (2016)
Jessie currently resides in Vancouver, finishing up her undergraduate studies in Music Composition and continuing to develop the musical services she offers.
Watch this space for more news on Jessie’s latest musical endeavours.
To hear her original music, visit her soundcloud page.
Check out Jessie’s blog to get the latest updates.
*If anyone’s wondering, Leov is pronounced ‘lee-oh’ with a silent v!